For each visitor to the Web site, the Kilgore News Herald servers automatically collect information about which pages are visited and the domain name (for example, www.kilgorenewsherald.com) of visitors. This information is used for internal review, to tailor information to individual visitors and for Web site traffic audits. We also provide this information (as well as information from third-party market researchers) about our users on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our advertisers.
The Kilgore News Herald may place a "cookie" on the browser of your computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information. A cookie may be used to tell when your computer has contacted the Web site. The Kilgore News Herald uses the information for editorial purposes and for other purposes such as delivery of features and advertisements, so the Kilgore News Herald can customize delivery of information to you without compromising privacy. For example, cookies may be used to ensure that you will not see the same banner advertisement too often in a single session.
Through your use of the Web site, the Kilgore News Herald may collect information about you that identifies you or your household. Normally, you would provide such information when specifically asked for it by the Kilgore News Herald. Any information in the Kilgore News Herald's possession solely as a result of your use of the Web site and that is associated with you or your household is considered "Personal Information." It consists of both information supplied by you (e.g. name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) and information collected about how you use the Web site (e.g. the fact that you have bought merchandise through the Web site). It does not include aggregate information (e.g. the total number of household users older than 18 years, the zip code in which a user lives) or information that you have made public on the Web site or that is otherwise publicly available.
The Kilgore News Herald uses personal information only for purposes necessary to provide the Web site and other products and services to you. These purposes are as follow:
- to process requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants
- to perform such normal business operations as billing, collecting and accounting
- to personalize and publicize the Web site based on your interests, including making you aware of editorial features, advertisements and commercial items
- to investigate complaints and to protect the Web site and the Kilgore News Herald, its readers and employees as provided by law or in case of emergency, as determined by legal counsel for the Kilgore News Herald except as necessary to process your requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site
The Kilgore News Herald does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing personal information for use by any outside company. The Kilgore News Herald also respects the privacy of data on your personal computer and does not access, read, upload or store data contained in or derived from your private files without your authorization.
OPT OUT PROCEDURES
You always may opt out of receiving future mailings or other information from the Kilgore News Herald. If the mailing does not have an e-mail cancellation form, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the type of information that you no longer desire to receive.
The following additional terms, conditions and notices apply to use of the Web site by children under the age of 13 years whenever the Kilgore News Herald becomes aware that a user is in that age range:
- Users under 13 years old may not submit or post information on the Web site without the consent of the user's parent or legal guardian. Prior to collecting any personal information about a child under 13, the Kilgore News Herald makes reasonable efforts to obtain consent from the child's parent after informing the parent about the types of information the Kilgore News Herald will collect, how it will be used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed.
- Although the Kilgore News Herald will apply these children's terms and conditions whenever it becomes aware that a user who submits personal information is less than 13 years old, no method is foolproof. The Kilgore News Herald strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children's online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personal information without parental permission.
- "Personal Information" collected from children may include any of the information defined above as "Personal Information" with respect to general users of the Web site and may be used by the Kilgore News Herald for the same purposes. Except as necessary to process a child's requests or orders placed with advertisers or merchants featured on the Web site, the Kilgore News Herald does not rent, sell, barter or give away any lists containing a child's Personal Information for use by any outside company.
- If a child enters a game, contest or other activity sponsored by the Kilgore News Herald on the Web site, the child may be required by the Kilgore News Herald to provide the minimum Personal Information reasonably necessary for the child to participate in such activity.
- A child's parent or legal guardian may request the Kilgore News Herald to provide a description of the Personal Information that the Kilgore News Herald has collected from the child, as well as instruct the Kilgore News Herald to cease further use, maintenance and collection of Personal Information from the child.
- If a child voluntarily discloses his or her name, e-mail address or other personally-identifying information on chat areas, bulletin boards or other forums or public posting areas, such disclosures may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and the Kilgore News Herald with respect to use of the Web site, superseding all prior or contemporaneous communications and/or proposals. The Kilgore News Herald reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions immediately by posting the changed terms and conditions in this location. By continuing to use the Web site, you are agreeing to all changes made by the Kilgore News Herald. A printed version of these terms and conditions shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to use of the Web site to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
The Web site is controlled and operated by the Kilgore News Herald from its principal office in Marshall, Texas, USA. The Kilgore News Herald makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access the Web site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The Web site is not intended to subject the Kilgore News Herald to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than the State of Texas and the United States of America.