The following information was taken from a biweekly report by Kilgore City Manager Josh Selleck from Dec. 2019.
- January 14th – Regular City Council Meeting
- January 20th – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Event – sponsored by Kilgore Men of Alliance – 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- January 21st – CPAC (Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee) Meeting – City Hall — 6 p.m.
PUBLIC WORKS AND PROJECTS
- Power controls have been updated on the Crim Theater. Broken timer and lighting contactors were replaced.
- Parking lot lighting at Meadowbrook Golf and Country Club was repaired.
- Set power pole for new cart barn at Meadowbrook.
- Installed underground conduit for cart barn at Meadowbrook and the pool pump house.
- Repaired electrical issues on a water heater at the Library.
- Our new project manager, Patti White, has started and is helping to clear the backlog of over 40 projects that Public Works is working on. We have solicited quotes on Danville Cemetery water line, Lantrip Intersection waterline relocation (in prep for Lantrip St. project), and City Park irrigation.
- We only received one bid for Well 3A rehabilitation in December and it was for 2.5 times our estimate. We are rebidding and making sure we get better turn out.
- 45 pot holes were patched along the Christmas parade route.
- Work has begun replacing a problematic waterline on Crescent St. which has had multiple breaks recently.
- Crews from multiple divisions have helped with meter reading this past week due to the volume of un-reads.
- WWTP (Wastewater Treatment Plant) has completed our compliance order and we have had no violations in the last three months.
- The disinfection conversion at the groundwater treatment plant has been completed.
- Staff attended the East Texas Police Academy graduation where two of our cadets, Bradley Greener and Frank McCullough, graduated. They began their two-week orientation courses last week at KPD. Officer Clint Ruthven is in orientation as well.
- A few of our downtown churches were burglarized within a few days of one another. To date, all but one suspect has been arrested and most of the stolen equipment has been recovered.
- KFD recently hired two new firefighters and they are currently going through in-house training.
- Chief Bellows, Josh Selleck, and Assistant Chief Henderson went to Aledo, TX to look at a new Fire Station design.
- Planet Fitness has received their building permit to repurpose the old Fred’s building on Hwy 42.
- The Inmate Crew is working again and currently cleaning up King’s Mobile Home Park.
- The bid opening for the Kilgore Wayfinding signage will be held Thursday, December 18th. We should be able to reward the bid at the Jan. 14 Council Meeting.
- The Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee will meet Jan. 21 to review the draft copies of the housing and land use plan.