Dozens of Kilgoreites and those from surrounding towns made their way to the Avalon Faire grounds last weekend for a day of Oktoberfest fun. From 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., guests enjoyed traditional food, showed off their lederhosen and dirndls, gave their all in games and contests and, of course, enjoyed many steins of frosty craft beer. According to Adi DiShion, Avalon Faire founder, event staff served 18 kegs of beer, 60 pounds of brats, 50 pounds of smoked sausages, 80 pounds of roasted pork, 60 pounds of chicken, 40 pounds of sauerkraut, 50 pounds of German potato salad, 50 pounds of red cabbage, 9 cases of water, 10 cases of soda and 120 commemorative mugs. The fun lasted all day, according to DiShion, who said some guests enjoyed the festivities until event staff turned off the lights at 9.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- KPD Arrest Reports | Oct. 11-18
- Clardy responds to released recording: “It is political corruption, and it must be treated as such.”
- Karen Sue Wheat Mumphrey
- Daisy Mae Wheat
- ‘Big Boy’ locomotive reaches area Nov. 10
- Mr. Calvin Fortson
- KC GAME DAY | Blinn at No. 5 Kilgore College
- Local woman’s disappearance may involve criminal aspect
- Mrs. Dorothy Mitchell
- Nobles named 2019 Citizen of the Year | Mayor earns first Impact Award
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.