As featured on
It was Veterans Day, yes, but Victor Boyd shared a memorial as well.
While he was serving in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Wisconsin, the Kilgore native remembers the day – April 19, 1989 – when an explosion rocked the battleship Iowa, his former assignment. “47 men died that day,” he told the men and women gathered for this year’s Veterans Day ceremony Monday morning at Harris Street Park. “Out of those 47 men, 26 of them I knew personally. So, I vow to always remember the Iowa 47.”
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Kilgore PD nabs 4 suspected church burglars
- Rangerettes return from high-kicking performance abroad
- KPD Arrest Reports | Nov. 20-26
- Christmas trees a family tradition at Danville Farms
- Texas having a gold storehouse is a wise move
- 2 die in crash south of Laird Hill
- Kilgore Garden Club gets recycling update
- Regions Bank plans facility upgrade in Kilgore
- WHAT'S WRONG WITH DADDY | Deck the halls and hit the deck
- ChitChat | Elves at work
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.