Kilgore Fire Marshal Brandon Bigos passed on a handful of Fourth of July fireworks safety tips earlier this week:
• Discharging fireworks inside city limits is illegal, KPD and KFD will be monitoring.
• Must have a means of putting out any fire caused by the fireworks- fire extinguisher, hose, etc.
• Get a bucket of water to put your discharged fireworks in prior to throwing into the trash; they could cause a grass fire or house fire if not put out properly.
• Anybody discharging fireworks should not be impaired by alcohol
• Sparklers are also dangerous, burn from 1200-1400 degrees so watch your children when they use them: hold them out and away from your body while using them and put them into water.
• Be careful and use some common sense.
• Remember fireworks are explosives and can hurt you.
– By HUNTER PRICE