City of Overton seek community leaders


The Overton City Council is accepting applications for community members willing to serve on four boards and commissions in the city to fill vacancies.

The groups are city council, planning and zoning commission, economic development corporation board and municipal development district board. All qualifications should include proof of residency within the city of Overton, current voter registration and the person’s ability to attend one evening meeting per month. Applications should be submitted to the City Secretary at Overton City Hall (1200 S. Commerce, Overton, TX 75684).


Special Sections